Barksdale Federal Credit Union is your home loan headquarters. For qualified members, a Barksdale Federal home loan is fast, easy and convenient. We offer fixed rate and adjustable rate loans with terms to fit your needs. Rate information is subject to change daily.
Before you start shopping for a new home, visit with one of Barksdale Federal's Home Lending Consultants (HLC) and get pre-qualified for your home loan. You'll be able to shop for a new home in the price range that best fits your budget. Call 800-647-2328, option 8, to visit with an HLC today.
FHA, VA & Conventional
VA financing is designed to benefit veterans of the armed services, those currently in active duty or the reserves, and their spouses. In order to qualify for VA financing you must be eligible as defined by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Conventional Loans can be either Fixed or Adjustable in 15, 20, 25, or 30-year terms with the interest rate remaining fixed or adjustable for the life of the loan.
If you are interested in lowering your interest rates and payments, refinancing may be the option for you. We have refinance options up to 95% loan-to-value, fixed rate terms available, and local underwriting & servicing.
You can receive financing during the construction phase with a permanent loan to payoff interim financing. This type of loan can be extremely helpful to those who may not be able to accurately anticipate the final costs.
Second Mortgage Refinance
Unlock the equity in your home! Our fixed rate Equity Loan unlocks the equity in your home* for you to use for a variety of purposes such as education, vacation, home improvements, credit card consolidation, vehicles - you name it. It's your equity; use it for you!
*Home must be in Louisiana. $500.00 non refundable application fee.
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
A Barksdale Federal HELOC is a revolving line of credit with special FREE checks. When you use your HELOC, you literally write yourself a loan for whatever your special need may be. You may also access your funds through ACCESS24 (phone account access) and Global Access (internet account access). You can use your HELOC to:
- Pay off higher interest rate credit cards
- Purchase something special
- Simply lower your monthly expenses by consolidating debt
- Any other special need
The benefits include:
- You can borrow as little as $10,000 or as much as $100,000
- No origination fee
- No appraisal fee
- No points
- No annual fee*
- Borrow up to 95% of the equity in your home**
- Interest you pay may be tax deductible (consult a tax advisor)
*$300 Fee may apply if initial draw is less than $20,000.
**Home must be in Louisiana.
If you're thinking of building your dream home, then this loan is for you.
- Multiple terms available
- No limits on acreage
- If purchasing, copy of Purchase Agreement
- If refinancing, copy of mortgage and insurance declaration page
- If construction, copy of plans and specifications
- If you currently own property, copy of cash sale deed or mortgage
- Copy of divorce documents
- Copy of bankruptcy proceedings with status and explanation
- Gift letter or explanation of sources of funds for closing costs
- Most recent pay stubs showing year-to-date earnings and pay period
- If self-employed, last two years federal tax returns and W-2 forms
- Documentation of any other income (if using for qualification)
- Name and address of landlord(s) for the past 2 years
- Explanation letter for any late payments, judgments, liens, bankruptcy or foreclosure
- Closing Statement from sale of current property
- Copies of last two months bank statements
- Due to the U.S. Patriot Act, you may be asked for documentation concerning your identity
- If non-resident, copy of Certificate of Resident Alien Status (Green Card)